Saturday, February 6, 2010

Christian-Athlete Profile on Drew Brees


Drew Brees played his college football at Purdue. I remember watching him when I was younger because I'm a big Penn State fan and I always got nervous when the two teams faced. After a successful college career, Drew Brees was drafted to the San Diego Chargers. Here, he did well, but struggled with injuries throughout his career. After a supposedly career ending injury, the Chargers no longer wanted Drew Brees. In FCA, I learned that he was a Christian. Drew Brees' video clip tells us how he prayed every day for God to show him the way. One day the New Orleans called trying to get Drew Brees. Brees felt that this was a calling from Christ and that this was where he was supposed to be. So, Drew Brees went to New Orleans where they at first struggled after Hurricane Katrina and everything. Now, he is going to play in the upcoming Super Bowl after an amazing season.

No comments:

Post a Comment