Sunday, January 17, 2010

Biblical Principles for Godly Verbal Communication

The Problem:
WHAT IS THE HEART OF MAN LIKE?

Every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood (Genesis 8:21).

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? (Jeremiah 17:9)

The Solution:
A HEART TRANSPLANT

Create in me a new heart, O God (Psalm 51:10).

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone...I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws (Ezekiel 36:26,27).

The Surgical Tool:
GOD'S WORD

For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Hebrews 4:12,13).

Once the heart is changed, the words will change:

A wise man's heart guides his mouth (Proverbs 16:23).

No comments:

Post a Comment